The Allure of a Fine Catch
When it comes to the best fly fishing in the U.S., Transylvania County ranks right up there at the top. In fact, within a one-hour drive of Brevard, you will find over 500 miles of fishable trout streams, one of the highest concentrations of prime trout waters anywhere. Whether you want to do a full-on fly fishing vacation or just while away a peaceful afternoon by wetting a line, we can point you to the perfect spot.
The Davidson River, Little River, Avery’s Creek and North and South Forks of the Mills River offer ample opportunities for your next whopper of a fish tale. And several local outfitters offer expert guide services and instruction.
The Adventurist’s Fly Fishing Insider Tips has some great recommendations for where to begin your pursuit of the perfect rainbow or brown.
To catch the fishing fever (and possibly a rainbow trout), visit:
- At The Ridge –Trout Fishing (828) 877-2172
- Blue Line Anglers (828) 367-7363
- Davidson River Outfitters (828) 877-4181
- Headwaters Outfitters (828) 877-3106
- East Fork Farm Guide Services
- Flymen Fishing Company (704) 846-2634
- Salmonid Farms (828) 966-9646
- Gorges State Park
- Pisgah National Forest
- Dupont State Recreational Forest
Visitors interested in casting a line may also want to visit www.ncwildlife.org for information on permits, licensing and further information on North Carolina’s aquatic life.